EASA Vacancy - Communications Officer
Who we are
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) is the single authoritative voice on advertising self-regulation in Europe. Its mission is to promote high ethical standards in marketing communications through effective self-regulation, for the benefit of consumers and business in Europe. As a non-profit organisation established in 1992 and based in Brussels, EASA brings together national advertising self-regulatory organisations and associations representing the advertising industry in Europe.
Are you keen to learn more about ad standards and contribute to ensuring responsible marketing in Europe? Do you enjoy working in an international team? If so, EASA could be the place for you!
For more information, please visit: www.easa-alliance.org
What we’re looking for
EASA is looking for a creative, reliable and motivated Communications Officer to join our international team. You will be driving EASA’s day-to-day communication activities within the scope of EASA’s communication plan and organise EASA’s internal and external events.
- Contribute to the communications aspects of EASA’s strategy and assist in the development of yearly goals;
- Develop content for EASA’s communication, the website and external publications, including press releases, newsletters, annual reviews and video content;
- Drive EASA’s daily social media activity (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and manage EASA’s website (Drupal).
- Organise EASA’s annual external events and support other team members in arranging ad hoc meetings.
- Support the other members of staff in creating and disseminating press releases, editing of internal and external publications.
- Fluent English (native or bilingual proficiency);
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Communication or a relevant field;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Communication and Events organisation;
- Excellent planning, organising, communication and writing skills;
- Skilled in the use of social media;
- Creative, with an eye for design;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Content Management Systems, mailing systems and design software (e.g. Adobe Suite/InDesign);
- Video editing skills, or at least an interest to develop in this area, is desirable (e.g. Adobe Suite/Premiere);
- Dedicated, reliable and well-organised team player with an eye for detail;
- Creativity and initiative in the development of new ways of communicating and disseminating content will be appreciated;
- Keen on learning more about advertising and advertising self-regulation.
What we offer
A full-time position with an indefinite contract in a small, international team, warmly welcoming fresh and creative ideas.
Opportunity to develop and grow.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send us your CV and motivation letter explaining why you would like to work with us and what makes you the ideal candidate for this position (no more than 1 page). Please send both documents in pdf format to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Officer" by 28 July 2019 at the latest.
Interviews will take place the following week (July 29-August 2) and we seek to fill the position at the end of August.
Due to the large amount of applications we may contact only selected candidates.
By answering to the job offer, you give your consent for the processing of your personal data for the purpose of handling your job application.
Please note that EASA is established under Belgian law and that employment is within Belgian tax and social security system.