Job title: Project Officer
Starting date: Beginning of February 2019
Type of contract: Full-time, unlimited contract
Would you like the chance to work on interesting pan-European projects?
Are you keen to learn more about self-regulation and contribute to ensuring responsible advertising?
Does working in an international team excite you?
If so, EASA could be the place for you!
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) promotes responsible advertising through effective self-regulation, since 1992. Its mission is to ensure that ads are legal, decent, honest and truthful, for the benefit of European consumers and businesses.
We are looking for a highly motivated and reliable Project Officer to work in the Secretariat of the organisation in Brussels.
His/her main responsibility will be to conduct a wide variety of projects in the field of marketing to childrenfor instance related to the food sector. The successful candidate will co-ordinate the projects from their beginning until their closure, ensuring that the projects achieve their objectives.
The coordination will involve working on methodologies together with clients and stakeholders, liaising with reviewers and sub-contractors, regular reporting on progress and writing of reports, (public) presentation of results and the organisation of workshops and meetings on the subject.
He/she will be part of a small but growing team. The position is based in Brussels and may involve some travel.
Requirements and skills
• Degree level or equivalent (preferably a degree in statistics, economics, law or sociology);
• 2-years’ work-experience in project co-ordination and/or in an association;
• native, or near-native, spoken and written English. Other languages a bonus;
• excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
• excellent MS Office skills: Word, Excel and Power Point.
The candidate will need to be
• interested in responsible advertising and self-regulation;
• collaborative, rigorous, with a very strong on attention to details and an ability to meet strict deadlines;
• positive "can do" attitude and looking for new challenges;
• being able to work independently and under pressure.
• the opportunity to learn from a multi-cultural and dynamic team;
• the opportunity to liaise and network with international project partners and other high-level stakeholders.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Officer in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 13 January 2019, Interviews will take place in the week of 21 January, position to be filled in shortly thereafter.