Who we are
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) is the single authoritative voice on advertising self-regulation. Its mission is to promote high ethical standards in marketing communications through effective self-regulation, for the benefit of consumers and business in Europe and beyond. As a non-profit organisation established in 1992 and based in Brussels, EASA brings together national advertising self-regulatory organisations and associations representing the advertising industry in Europe.
EASA is looking for a creative and reliable Communications Assistant who will assist the Communications Manager to:
- Support in updating EASA’s website to ensure up-to-date presentation of EASA and its work;
- Assist in managing EASA’s visibility across social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn);
- Monitor traditional media and relevant social media platforms for developments related to advertising regulation and EASA’s core policy issues;
- Develop layouts for EASA’s external publications (brochures, etc);
- Assist in the organisation of EASA’s external events;
- Create and update databases and mailing lists;
- Assist with other communication activities;
- Assist with other department activities if needed;
- Assist with other administrative or reporting duties upon request;
The successful candidate must:
- Be enrolled as a student in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) preferably in Communication, Journalism or related fields;
- Have good working knowledge of standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Have good knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign and/or Illustrator, Photoshop) is a plus;
- Be hard-working, reliable, well-organised person with good attention to details;
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written, as this is the working language of the organization;
- Be interested in advertising/marketing communication and advertising self-regulation;
- Be available preferably from beginning of June 2017;
- Be covered by a formal university agreement;
- Be legally allowed to take part in a student internship in Belgium;
- Opportunity to work in an international, dynamic environment, to take active part in the day-to-day running of activities, have a chance to improve your communication & management skills;
- Opportunity to learn about and work on a wide range of projects by working closely with our team;
- Transportation reimbursement provided;
Please note that this is a non-remunerated position for a duration of 3 months, with the possibility of extension to 6 months.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including CV and a short cover letter, by e-mail to email@example.com by 28 May 2017.
Selected candidates should be available to start at the beginning of June 2017.