ICAS is hiring!
ICAS Manager vacancy
The International Council on Ad Self-Regulation (ICAS) was launched in October 2016, with the aim of providing a platform to discuss and develop solutions to the global challenges faced by the advertising industry. ICAS is a truly global organisation, bringing together major players in the advertising sector from Asia Pacific, North America, South America and Europe. The launch of ICAS is a critically important initiative for the advertising industry, enabling advertisers across the world to share best practice at a global level and address some of the major emerging issues faced by this fast-moving and highly innovative sector.
The objectives of ICAS are:
- To allow advertising self-regulatory organisations (SROs) and the advertising industry to have an international contact point to connect, build knowledge and share best practice, experience and insights about emerging issues in relation to responsible marketing.
- To support the establishment of self-regulatory systems in countries where they don’t exist.
- To help maintain and strengthen existing national SROs.
- To help demonstrate the effectiveness of self-regulation as a policy alternative
- To advocate for the existence of self-regulation, its effectiveness and meaning, and the added value of responsible communication in any international scenario (UN, WHO, APEC, etc.).
- To increase collaboration and maximize efficiencies among international organizations (ICC, IAA, etc.) in order to support setting up and strengthening self-regulation developed at a national level.
- To discuss and lay down the basis for defending self-regulation at a global level.
About the role of ICAS Manager
You will be responsible for setting up the new International Council on Ad Self-Regulation (ICAS), putting in place operations, communications, procedures and resources to build the organisation. Reporting to the ICAS Executive Committee and Chairman, you will be a central point for the organisation, developing new systems and structures which will form a crucial part of the organisation’s future success.
- Helping ICAS Executive Committee begin to deliver – as well as develop – the Action Plan over time.
- Managing and performing administrative tasks related to setting up and managing the office, including accounts and invoicing systems.
- Creating policies and procedures for the ICAS office and handling member inquiries.
- Designing and implementing a communications strategy for ICAS, including the development of a new website and newsletter.
- Supporting ICAS executives and members in the development of communications materials and documentation, including reports, presentations and correspondence.
- Drafting press releases, and editing and proofreading all ICAS publications.
- Organising meetings (including ICAS’s annual meeting) and making travel arrangements.
We are looking for a self-starter who is able to juggle many different tasks and work independently. To be suitable for this role, you should have the following skills:
- You will be quick to take the initiative and comfortable working independently, with minimal support and guidance.
- You have excellent organisational skills, and are able to multi-task and prioritise work to meet deadlines. You also have outstanding attention to detail and are able to quickly and effectively find solutions to problems.
- You will be comfortable working in an international, multi-cultural environment and able to travel worldwide when needed.
- You have 3-5 years experience in office management with knowledge of accounting and business management principles and procedures. Experience working in the advertising sector would be a plus.
- You will be fluent in English (native or equivalent) and have an eye for detail in written communications. Ability to work in a second language would be an asset (e.g. Spanish, French).
How to apply
If you are interested, please send us your resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us and what makes you the ideal candidate for this position (no more than 1 page). Please send both documents in pdf format to email@example.com with the subject line “ICAS Manager" by February 17th 2017.
Interviews will take place throughout February and we seek to fill the position as soon as possible.
Due to the large amount of applications we will contact only selected candidates.