We are looking for a flexible, proactive and resourceful individual with good organisational skills to join our Brussels based team as a communications stagiaire.
The position is a six month paid stage under the Belgian convention d'immersion professionnelle (CIP). The successful candidate will start mid-June 2015.
As communications stagiaire you will:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of our new website
- Provide support for our social media activity
- Draft our monthly newsletter to members
- Assist in the planning and organisation of our biannual membership meeting this October in Brussels
- Monitor and report on developments related to advertising in the European Institutions and Media
- Assist in the preparation of external briefing materials
- Provide ad hoc support to the team in the development of external presentations and publications
Skills and qualification requirements:
- A university degree
- Native/bilingual proficiency in English (other languages considered an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, in particular the ability to communicate key messages clearly and concisely
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Fully computer literate; skilled and confident user of office applications
- Ability to work independently and take on new tasks with own initiative
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding the EU institutions and policy process
- A valid work permit for Belgium
- Background in journalism or communications
- Experience of using CMS/HTML
- Previous experience in a membership organisation
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- An interest in new technologies and ways of marketing
• 6 month CIP stage
• From +/- €750 per month (dependant on age) plus STIB card
• To start mid-June 2015
Please send the documents listed below in word or pdf format to email@example.com the subject line “Communications Stage (MAY 15)" before 17:00 on Monday 11 May 2015.
- CV (2 pages max) with the file name “YOUR LAST NAME CV (MAY 15)”
- Cover letter (1 page max) with the file name “YOUR LAST NAME CL (MAY 15)” explaining what makes you the ideal candidate for this position.
Deadline for applications:
The first round of interviews will be held between 19 and 20 May and will include a written communication test.
Please note, if you have not been contacted by 21 May, we’re afraid you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best for the future.