Job opening – Communications Officer
20 October 2022
Job opportunity – Communications Officer
EASA is seeking to hire an organised, highly motivated, reliable, and independent, Communication Officer to work in our Secretariat, based in Brussels. The position may involve some traveling.
Starting date: Mid-November 2022
Type of contract: Permanent full-time contract
You like to promote an organisation via all relevant media channels and through the organisation of impactful events;
You are creative, reliable, and very comfortable communicating orally and in writing;
You are keen to use your communication skills and expertise to support a meaningful goal, and are interested in learning more about self-regulation and contributing to ensuring responsible advertising.
If so, EASA could be the place for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the communications aspects of EASA’s strategy and assist in the development of yearly goals;
- Develop content for EASA’s communication, the website and external publications, including press releases, newsletters, annual reviews and video content;
- Drive EASA’s daily social media activity (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and manage EASA’s website
- Ensures smooth and effective internal communication within the secretariat and between the secretariat and EASA members
- Organise EASA’s annual external events and support other team members in arranging ad hoc meetings;
Requirements and skills
- Fluent English (native or bilingual proficiency);
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Communication or a relevant field;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Communication and Events organisation;
- Excellent planning, organising, communication and writing skills;
- Skilled in the use of social media;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Content Management Systems, mailing systems and design software (e.g. Adobe Suite/InDesign, Canva, Lumen5, Visme, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, WordPress);
- Video editing skills, or at least an interest to develop in this area, is desirable (e.g. Adobe Suite/Premiere);
The candidate will need to be
- Creative, with an eye for design;
- Dedicated, reliable and well-organised team player with an eye for detail;
- Creativity and initiative in the development of new ways of communicating and disseminating content will be appreciated;
- Keen on learning more about advertising and advertising self-regulation.
- The opportunity to manage a core element of EASA activities;
- The possibility to learn, develop professionally, and gain responsibility within a vibrant organisation and industry;
- A pleasant international working environment in a young and dynamic team;
- The opportunity to liaise and network with international project partners and other high-level stakeholders.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Communication Officer in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 30 October 2022. Interviews will take place in the first week of November. Due to a large number of applications, we will only contact selected candidates.