Job opening: Project Officer
30 June 2022
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) promotes responsible advertising throughout Europe and brings together European advertising self-regulatory organisations and responsible advertisers, media, agencies, and digital platforms. Its mission is to help ensure that ads are legal, decent, honest, and truthful, for the benefit of European consumers and businesses.
EASA is hiring an organised, highly motivated, reliable and independent Project Officer to work in our Secretariat, based in Brussels. The position may involve some travelling.
Starting date: August 2022
Type of contract: Permanent full-time contract
- Are you keen to contribute to ensuring responsible advertising and learn about self-regulation?
- Do you enjoy working with numbers, data and statistics?
- Would you like the chance to work on exciting industry compliance projects with partners across Europe?
If so, EASA could be the place for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
Technical & organisational tasks
- Conducting a wide variety of projects in the field of advertising self-regulation by coordinating monitoring projects from their beginning until their closure, ensuring that the projects achieve their objectives on time.
- Working on methodologies together with industry clients and stakeholders,
- Regular reporting on progress and writing of reports, (public) presentation of results and the organisation of workshops and meetings on the subject
Business & relationship development
- Liaising with EASA’s Self-Regulatory Organisations members,
- Building up/maintaining effective relationships with EASA’s clients,
- Liaising with reviewers and sub-contractors,
- Identifying opportunities to promote EASA’s project work to new clients
- Helping recruit, train and oversee project assistants and/or stagiaires.
Education & work experience
- University, minimum Bachelor’s Degree level or equivalent (preferably a degree in social sciences, law, marketing, economics, or similar);
- 3-years’ work experience in project management and/or in an association;
Expertise & technical skills
- Native, or near-native, spoken and written English (other languages would be a plus);
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Experience in people management would be a plus.
- Rigorous, with a very strong attention to detail and an ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Positive “can do” attitude and looking for new challenges;
- Being able to work independently and under pressure;
- Collaborative (strong team player)
- The opportunity to manage a core element of EASA activities;
- The possibility to learn, develop professionally, and gain responsibility within a vibrant organisation and industry;
- A pleasant international and flexible working environment in a young and dynamic team;
- The opportunity to liaise and network with international project partners and other high-level stakeholders.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Project Officer” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 17 July 2022. Interviews are expected to start in the week of 18 July. Due to a large number of applications we will only contact selected candidates.